A random collection of epiphanies, thoughts and problem solutions pertaining to .NET and BizTalk.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Scritping Functoid Catch


I experienced a problem when I was using the Inline XSLT inside the scripting functoid. I entered the XSLT first, then I scrolled the "Script type" dropdown to check out the template of "Inline C#". Then I clicked on the "OK" button without noticing that "Configure Functoid Scripts" dialog actually overwrites the the script type of my choice "Inline XSLT" with "Inline C#", even though your intention is to use XSLT. As a matter of fact, when you scroll the "Script type" dropdown to any other script types in front of the "Inline XSLT" inside the "Script type" dropdown, BizTalk will automatically uses the first available in the list even somtime it only has script in comments. When you compile your project, it will not signal error since all of the commented code, i.e. empty script, is considered valid by compiler. But when you run your orchestration, it will bomb. The solution is you need to rearrange the precedence of the inline scripts. To do this, right click inside of the map area; then go to the property window and bring up the "Script Type Precedence" dialog.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I would test any BizTalk mapper before I compile my projects. To do so, simply right click on your map file and select "Test map" from the context menu.

No comments:

Followers